Deaf Crows was collaboratively created by Deaf and Hard of Hearing youth, along with members of the Deaf community. The show featured mask, puppetry, and ASL Poetry, and dealt with the Deaf Experiences of the performers growing up in a Hearing world. The show premiered at the Artesian on 13th in Regina and was held over to sold-out audiences.
Venue and Dates
- Artesian on 13th, Regina, Saskatchewan, June 2016
- ‘Deaf Crows’ by Deaf Crows Theatre Collective Inc
- Directed by Chrystene Ells
- Assistant Directors Berny Hi and Joanne Weber
- Dramaturgy by Joanne Weber
- Performed by Caroline Bergbusch, Alex Bristow, Twyla Chartrand, Jacqueline Fink, Michelle Grodecki, Oscar Grodecki, Fatima Tun Nafisa, Taylor Schwab, Shayla-Rae Tanner, Allard Thomas, Paula Weber, Joanne Weber, and Tyson Zacharias