- Barry Rud and Firecube Video headed this one up, but I did all the boards and the animation.
- Jack Hilkewich did the post production.
About this gig
- This video was created to explain using simple visual imagery how the City budget is spent, and invite users to try balancing the city budget themselves.
- The character was meant to be a sort of guide, going around the city and taking pictures. The time crunch on this was crazy. I think we had about three weeks to pull it off. They wanted something very clean, black and white, but that looked hand-made and friendly. The character design went around and around until they liked her. Personally I liked her first iteration with boots and ponytails, but they wanted something more professional. The video was a success!
- Enjoy. Try your hand at balancing the budget. I hear it’s not easy!