When your body is so starved for a basic element that it consumes itself. This is a follow-up to the story of my battle with Hyperparathyroidism in Parathyroid Punk. This is my first film to screen in Germany.
Technical: Shot on Max 8mm (wider gate than Super 8mm), transferred to digital medium 2K (2048 x 1152) 23.976.
Techniques: timelapse, pixelation, in-camera editing and fade transition
Film and screening info
- One Take Super 8 Event in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, 2014
- The 8 Fest & Toronto Animated Image Society co-presentation, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, January 2015 [programme] [cached programme]
- Dresdner Schmalfilmtage, Dresden, Germany, 2015
- Winnipeg Underground Film Festival, Winnipeg, Manitoaba, Canada, 2015 [programme] [cached programme]
- These Girls On Film reviewed it when it played at The 8 Fest in Toronto. Fantastic article and great website!
Nominated for Best Film and Audience Choice Award at 16th Dresdner Schmalfilmtage, Dresden, Germany, 2015 out of the 100 submitted films in this international competition. Received Special Mention!
- Co-Directed by Chrystene Ells & Berny Hi
Narrated by Chrystene Ells
Cinematography by Berny Hi
Produced for the One Take Super 8 Event. Edited later for re-release in 2015.
- German subtitles translated by Nicole Gfeller